Welcome to Bitcoin Village! Portsmouth, New Hampshire boasts more retail stores and restaurants to spend your bitcoin than any place on earth! More than San Francisco? More than New York City? YES! Don’t believe us? Take the World Famous Bitcoin Tour yourself!
1. Free State Bitcoin Shoppe – Begin the tour at the first and only store in America that accepts bitcoin exclusively! The mission of this “Cryptoanarchy Mecca” is to help people use better money. Featuring unique crypto-themed gifts, seditious books, libertarian art, pro-science t-shirts, and “Live Free Or Die” propaganda — all available for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We love to talk tech and answer your questions. Stop in to get some bitcoin and prepare for your journey through Bitcoin Village!
2. Cotillion Bureau – Vintage hand dyed and upcycled fashion garments selectively scavenged by the owner from second-hand shops and fairs far and wide. Articles are selected on style, material and craftsmanship. The business specializes in “statement” pieces, loving drama and the ultra-feminine.
3. Lady Pickwick’s – A feminine complement to Pickwick’s Mercantile. Tons of dainty items and great smelling things!
4. Pickwick’s Mercantile – Wander into Pickwick’s and behold the wonders that await. As you are enveloped by the scents and scenes in the store, you will be greeted by one of their lovely shop keepers dressed in costume and dripping with knowledge and charm. The experience of shopping here is a delight. Find a unique gift at this unique shop and take home a story to tell.
5. Sol Sunwear – Carrying fashion forward and sport specific styles from Ray Ban, Oakley, Costa del Mar, Maui Jim, Persol, and more!
6. Blockchain Institute of Technology – Hands-on education for using and building on the blockchain.
7. Fezziwig’s Food and Fountain – Now serving the historic Bridge District of Portsmouth NH, Fezziwig’s Food & Fountain is a whimsical brasserie experience for the discerning epicure and the light-at-heart! Fezziwig’s offers a full-service espresso bar, White Heron teas and coffees, a classic soda fountain, and exquisite pastries. Pair your steaming cuppa coffee or tea with all-day breakfast, lunch or dinner, by sampling one (or more!) of Fezziwig’s stellar savory crepes, sandwiches and soups. And, of course, be sure to finish off your dining experience with one of our elaborate sundaes or milkshakes, aptly named for familiar members of that curious Pickwick family tree. Whatever the appetite or hour, Mr. Fezziwig Pickwick’s unique establishment is sure to delight the palate, so stop by and say good day. You may even find yourself sharing tea and cakes with a wandering Pickwickian!
8. Deadwick’s Ethereal Emporium – a shopping experience unlike any other. We invite guests to step beyond the veil and visit Deadwick’s Ethereal Emporium, a sumptuous Victorian psychic parlor. Enter to be greeted by shopkeepers in exquisite historic attire and explore merchandise from the fantastic to the phantasmal. Take home a book of spells, choose a handmade cloak or costume, or purchase arcane art. Delve deeper still and experience a folk magic workshop, have your fortune told, or purchase tickets to New England Curiosities Ghost Tours. Featuring Custom Blended Potions, Spells, Herbs, Handmade Spirit Boards, Taxidermy, Crystals, Wands, Runes, Poppets, Curiosities, Art, Jewelry, Tarot, Antiques, Handmade Brooms, Costumes, Capes, Voodoo, Hoodoo, Folk Magic, and much, much more! (19 Sheafe St)
9. Pickwick’s at the Banke – Mr. Pickwick has decked the shelves of this original Strawbery Banke storehouse with old-fashioned games, provisions, libations, pewter goods, gifts and more!
10. Seacoast Repertory Theatre – a non-profit, professional regional theatre located in historic downtown Portsmouth NH showing plays, musicals & films with special programs for kids & senior citizens.
11. Bikram Yoga Portsmouth – 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises in a room heated to 103 degrees fahrenheit brings both immediate and long-term benefits: flexibility, improved circulation, strength, & balance. Treat yourself and your travel companions to a relaxing and rejuvenating experience you will remember forever! Whether this is your first time, or you are a long-term practitioner, you will fit right in because all classes are designed for beginners! (Schedule)
12. STREET – An eclectic, casual restaurant and cocktail lounge that satisfies both your hunger and your wanderlust.
14. Fresh Press – Their juice is optimal for organ function, rapid absorption of vital nutrients, and detoxification. They use 100% organic ingredients. No pesticides, GMO’s, or preservatives. Fresh Cold Pressed Juice, Smoothies, Acai Bowls, Chopped Salads, Lunch Wraps, Quinoa Bowls, Homemade Soup, and Hot Drinks.
15. Portsmouth School of Ballet – Dance programs for every student, from beginner to pro-professional. A safe and nurturing environment to explore and enjoy dance. Offering instruction emphasizing the development of strong technique through proper placement and artistry while nurturing each student’s unique talent and creativity.
16. Portsmouth Smoke and Vape – Offering a wide selection of tobacco products, evape juice, ecigarettes, glass pipes, cleaning kits, and more!
17. Oomph Hair Salon – A boutique salon dedicated to providing exceptional hairstyling and color work, classic and contemporary styles, and the highest quality of service and professionalism.
18. La Maison Navarre – A French pastry shop located in the heart of downtown Portsmouth offering homemade, fresh products made with high-quality ingredients.